Tuesday, January 31, 2012

More Inferencing Ideas!

Here is a preview of the mini lesson

Sample of what the kids will do with their "evidence"

Last week had a bit of a theme- INFERENCING! With our reading series here at school (Treasures) we talked about inferencing last week and I searched and searched for some fun and interesting activities I could use to really teach me munchkins about making good inferences. Well, I searched and I found! I love teaching blogs for that reason! You can search for anything, absolutly anything, and find it! I found a few great lessons. One lesson I shared with y'all yesterday from The Inspired Apple titled, What's in my Teacher's Bag? That one started inferencing off on a high note with my kiddos. On Friday I like to try and do a little different craft or activity that is special. Last Friday we became official 'Inference Investigators" and we went on a mission. I found this ADORABLY cute lesson from The Inspired Apple again! (Abby has it all y'all!) She had a lesson called "Snow Day Case Files" on Teachers Pay Teachers. I saw Cara from the The First Grade Parade had a post about how her class loved this activity and thought I'd give it a try. And, its a winner people! I've even shared it with a teacher at my school in 3rd grade- it's multi age appropriate! So visit Abby at The Inspired Apple and become "Inference Investigators" in your classroom!

Erin Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment