Friday, February 24, 2012

One foot, two foot...

Looking for some god Dr. Seuss ideas for the big day next week?? Well to help save you some time, keep reading this post! :) I've already searched high and low and I have some great units and freebies to share with you from some of my favorite teacher bloggers! Here it goes!

1. Go check out Erica Bohrer's blog for a great little 1st grade unit on Dr. Suess. It is her most recent post on her blog (as of the time of this post). If you already purchased this before she did say re download because she added some more Dr. Seuss goodies! I am going to be digging into this unit tonight!
2. Have you ever been to Suesstastic Classroom Inspiration? Well if not, this is the perfect time to go!! It will get you in the Dr. Seuss mood for sure! Mel D. has a FREE primary Dr. Seuss unit at her TpT store. I know I always repeat the FREE, but y'all, it's FREE! SO no excuses, go download it tonight! She has a good variety of literacy activities to go with a few different Dr. Seuss books. Click below and GO!


3. A new blog I found a few days ago was Second Grade Locker Room and it just happened to have a Dr. Seuss giveway as the most recent post! I went ahead and bought Sandy's Dr. Seuss unit (it was only $1.70!!!) from her Teacher's Notebook store. I had never used TN before, but it was a very positive experience! This unit has a really cute shoe graphing activity to go with The Foot Book. I love it! There is a GREAT variety in this unit too- so many activities (reading, math, even science!) to go with MANY Dr. Seuss books. So head to Sandy's blog and TN store soon!
At The Second Grade Locker Room there is also a Dr. Seuss Linky party if you have any great activities you want to advertise to fellow bloggers! :)

4. Fun in First has another FREE Dr. Seuss unit! Jodi graciously posted her Dr. Seuss mini unit for free again this year. Follow the link above right to the post! This unit has some great literacy center ideas (rhymes, word families, antonyms and sequencing) you can incorporate into your weekly rotations! I can't wait to add them in here and there for some extra fun in our centers!

Hope this helps you find what you need to celebrate Dr. Seuss next week with your munchkins! Have a wonderful weekend y'all!

Erin Mason







3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these great resources!

    I just love your blog...it is so cute!

    I have some Seuss *freebies* that I would love for you to come check out when you get the chance! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather!! :) I'm headed over now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erin - I just found you and am your newest follower. Such a cute blog you have! Thank you for sharing. I will have to pop in more often. I teach first grade in CA.
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete